Old Mortality by Walter Scott
Describes the lives 'and often violent deaths' the hopes, and the struggles, of the Covenanters in late seventeenth-century Scotland. A tale of extremism, bigotry and cruelty, it is redeemed by its characters' courage and loyalty, and their passionate belief in religious and civil liberty. Considered to be one of the greatest novels of the nineteenth century, its influence pervades European writing from Stendhal to Tolstoy.
- Oxford India Paper Edition
- DJ States Humphrey Milford
- Publisher Henry Frowde, Oxford University Press, London; 1912
- Burgundy Soft Leather Covers with Gilt Title and Decoration, Gilt Page Tops, Silk Bookmark, 443 pp
- With Twenty-One Illustrations
- Size 170 x 110mm, 350g
Condition: Very Good ' Good Unclipped DJ, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 GOOD REASONS TO BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org