Old Mortality by Walter Scott
The Tale of Old Mortality describes the lives, and often violent deaths, the hopes, and the struggles, of the Covenanters in late seventeenth-century Scotland. A tale of extremism, bigotry and cruelty, it is redeemed by its characters' courage and loyalty, and their passionate belief in religious and civil liberty. Considered to be one of the greatest novels of the nineteenth century, its influence pervades European writing from Stendhal to Tolstoy.
- The Melrose Edition Waverley Novels Volume 5
- Publisher T C & E C Jack, Edinburgh; Undated c.1880
- Quarter Green Maroco Leather and Green Silk Covers with Gilt Titles and Decoration, Gilt Page Edges, 356 pp
- Lavishly illustrated (approx. 8 full page illustrations per volume) by a remarkable array of contemporary Scottish and British artists and illustrators
- Size 210 x 140mm, 600g
Condition: Good – No Dust Jacket, Some Loss To Top Of Spine, Slight Foxing To Endpages, No Inscriptions, Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org