North American Indians by George Catlin
Letters and Notes on the Manners, Customs, and Conditions of the North American Indians :Written during Eight Years’ Travel amongst the Wildest Tribes of Indians in North America. In Philadelphia in the 1820’s, George Catlin encountered a delegation of Great Plains Indians, awestruck by their grandeur and dignity he decided upon being their historian. Catlin immersed himself in the lives of the tribes, sketching and recording their symbols, totems, weapons and clothing, and customs like the sweat-lodge, the buffalo hunt and the rain dance. He had a deep and abiding respect for the Indian tribes, and his book is a moving and prescient tribute to its peoples.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2009
- Cream Cloth Hardback, 470 pp
- With superb colour illustrations
- Size 280 x 190mm, 2.6kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.