Myths and Legends of the Ancient Near East
In this treasure-house of a book, Rachel Storm assembles a fascinating collection of myths and legends from all over the ancient Near East, from their distinctive origins to the many-textured creations they became. Every civilisation had its towers and pyramids – its gateways to heaven; every culture had its Underworld, ruled over by a dark lord and visited by only the bravest of heroes. Legend merges with history – Daniel thrown to the lions by Darius, king of the Persians, is miraculously saved by his belief in a true God. From the Assyrian epic of Gilgamesh to the heroic feats of the Amazons; from Midas and his golden touch to the Arabian Nights entertainments; from Babylon and Thebes to Persia and Arabia, this book throws open a window on the lives and beliefs of the men and women who inhabited these ancient lands.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1155
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2003
- Quarter Leather Hardback, 642 pp
- With illustrations by Jane Ray
- Size 250 x 180mm, 2kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.