Metamorphoses by Ovid
Translation by Arthur Golding, edited by Madeleine Forey, essay on Titian and Ovid by Michael Prodger. First published 2,000 years ago, Ovid's epic poem of men and Gods has inspired poets and artists through the ages. In the 16th century, the Italian master Titian created a series of sublime paintings based on scenes from Metamorphoses. This landmark publication brings the two together for the first time.
- Folio Society Limited Edition Number 1104 of 2750 Copies For Sale
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2008
- Brown Goatskin Hardback with Gilt Titles and Blocking, 378 pp
- Illustrated in colour with the Poesie and other works by Titian
- Size 330 x 250mm, 5kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy in Fine Solander Case
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund