Metamorphoses by Ovid
Metamorphoses, one of the most seductive and influential works ever written, is a mythological epic containing around 250 tales of gods and maidens, monsters and heroes, comedy and tragedy. For centuries, it was the only written source of stories such as Persephone in the underworld, Echo and Narcissus, Theseus and the Minotaur and others. Its influence on Western culture cannot be overstated. Translated and introduced by Mary M. Innes.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 812
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1995
- Quarter Leather with Printed Paper Boards Hardback, 350 pp
- Illustrations by Richard Shirley Smith
- Size 250 x 175mm, 1.6kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.