Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens
Young Martin Chuzzlewit, a careless lad who is scorned by his tough and upright old grandfather, travels to America to seek his fortune. Dickens's satiric vision of America as a place full of criminals and disease alienated many of his American fans, but Martin survives his American ordeal and returns to England. He finds his grandfather in thrall to the conniving Pecksniff. In the end, thanks to the wit of the wily old man and to Martin's inherent goodness, all is well: the evil are punished, the virtuous rewarded, and Dickens's usual wit and colorful cast of characters are much in evidence. Dickens pronounced Martin Chuzzlewit one of his favourites among his novels.
- Popular Edition
- Publisher Chapman & Hall Ltd., London; 1914
- Olive Green Cloth Hardback, 803 pp
- Frontis Illustration
- Size 175 x 110mm, 550g
Condition: Good – No Dust Jacket, Owners Signature, Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund