Marriage With My Kingdom by Alison Plowden
The Courtships of Queen Elizabeth I. The one thing everyone knows about the first Queen Elizabeth is that, although she remained ‘the best match in her parish’ for more than twenty years, she consistently refused to marry and indeed lost no opportunity of proclaiming her strong personal distaste for the state of matrimony. But Elizabeth was no sexual deviant – at least in no obvious sense. She enjoyed the company of men. In fact, her obvious enjoyment of the company of her best friend, Lord Robert Dudley, gave rise to a good deal of scandal, and to the end of her life she never lost her eye for an attractive and amusing man. Whether or not she remained a virgin is something that will probably never be known for certain, but with one possible exception the available evidence indicates that she did. The author’s new book follows the intricate manoeuvres of one the greatest English monarchs, and one of the most fascinating women of all time.
- Publisher Book Club Associates, London; 1977
- Brown Cloth Hardback, 216 pp
- With b/w illustrations
- Size 220 x 140mm, 650g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.