London Characters & Crooks by Henry Mayhew
The first two volumes of “London Labour and the London Poor” were first published in 1851, the third volume was first published in 1861 and the fourth in 1862. This edition is based on the first editions of these volumes, and on the following books edited by Peter Quennell, “Mayhew’s London”, first published by Spring Books and “Mayhew’s Characters and London’s Underworld”, both first published by Kimber
- Folio Society Third Edition No. 865
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1999
- Olive Green Hardback, 535 pp
- Photographs by John Thompson which reproduce sepia duotones from the original “Woodburytypes” shown in “Street life in London” printed in 1877-1878.
- Size 250 x 170mm, 2kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
There are no reviews yet.