A Life of The Buddha
Through the centuries the life-story of Gautama the Buddha has become richly encrusted with legend. and the present version, which has been handed down from father to son by the strolling players of the Burmese river line, is a strange blend of fairy-tale, down-to-earth aphorism and sublime doctrine. This translation successfully conveys the spontaneous quality of the original in its varying moods from salty humour to poetic mysticism: in it, the story of the Four Encounters, the Great Departure, the Enlightenment under the Bodh tree, the rout of Mara the Evil One, and the Great Teaching make a brilliant pattern of exotic incident and profound truth from the life of the founder of one of the world’s great faiths.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 131
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1959
- Quarter Leather with Saffron Cloth Sides Hardback, 188 pp
- Drawings by T.J. Widdaker.
- Size 230 x 135mm, 650g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.