La Dame Aux Camelias by Alexandre Dumas The Younger
Dramatised by the author, the source for Verdi’s “La Traviata”, La Dame aux Camelias is rooted in the real life story of Marie Duplessis (Alphonsine Plessis), a famous courtesan of the 1840s, the background is the Parisian demi-monde, a world that Dumas knew intimately. The story of Marguerite Gautier’s love for the well born Armand Duval, of their country idyll, brought to an abrupt end by the suspicions of Armand’s father, who bribes Marguerite to abandon her lover, and of the death-bed reconciliation as Marguerite succumbs, at last, to the consumptive condition that has palgued her throughout, retains its power to move the reader. Translated from the French for this Folio Society edition by Barbara Bray.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 371
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1975
- Dark Green Artificial Silk Hardback, 219 pp
- Drawings by Jennifer Campbell
- Size 220 x 140mm, 750g
Condition: Good – Rubbing and Slight Bubbling To Slipcase, Sun Fading To Spine, No Inscriptions, Very Clean Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
There are no reviews yet.