The Jungle Book and Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling
The Jungle Book – The stories are fables, using animals in a manner to give moral lessons. The stories included are: Mowgli’s Brothers; Kaa’s Hunting; Tiger! Tiger!; The White Seal; Rikki-Tikki-Tavi; Toomai of the Elephants; and Her Majesty’s Servants.
Just So Stories – Kipling began working on the book by telling the first three chapters as bedtime stories to his daughter Josephine. These had to be told “just so” (exactly in the words she was used to) or she would complain. The stories describe how one animal or another acquired its most distinctive features, such as how the Leopard got his spots. For the book, Kipling illustrated the stories himself.
- Folio Society Fourth Impression No. 1119 Ninth printing and Tenth printing
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2005
- Red Cloth Hardback, 191, 189 pp
- Jungle Book Illustrations in colour by Maurice and Edward Detmold.
- Just So Stories Illustrations in b/w by Kipling
- Size 250 x 165mm, 1.5kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.