Irish Myths and Legends by Lady Augusta Gregory
The myths and legends of Ireland are as rich and evocative as any in the world, yet until the 20th century these stories were almost unknown to a wider audience, In 1904, Lady Augusta Gregory, a key figure of the Irish Literary Revival, published a work called Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha de Danaan and of the Fianna of Ireland. Also known as Irish Myths and Legends, it drew on oral history and manuscripts such as the12th century Book of Leinster. Lady Gregory retold the great myth cycles using the rhythms of English as it was spoken by those who had kept the Celtic traditions alive.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2011
- Quarter Leather Hardback, 351 pp
- Superbly Illustrated by Jillian Tamaki
- Size 260 x 180mm, 1.5kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.