An Introduction to the French Poets by Geoffrey Brereton
The French poetry of some five centuries is surveyed by means of a series of studies of the work and personality of individual poets, beginning with Villon and ending with the post-surrealists. Each chapter is primarily concerned with establishing the ‘literary identity’ of the poet or poets with whom it deals; the work of each is outlined and related to the historical and biographical circumstances in which it was written; its characteristics are then examined critically in terms which bring home their significance to the modern reader. Each chapter thus serves as an introduction to a fuller appreciation of one of the greater French poets.
- Publisher Methuen & Co. Ltd., London; 1973
- Purple Cloth Hardback, 320 pp
- Size 220 x 140mm, 750g
- ISBN 0 416 76620 X
Condition: Very Good – Missing Dust Jacket, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.