History of the English Church and People by Bede
In 731, at the Northumbrian foundation of Jarrow, a monk named Bede completed a masterpiece of historical scholarship, the sophistication of which would not be equalled for centuries. Bede’s aim was to record the history of the Church in England. His achievement was far greater, for he created a complete history, not just of the Church but of the people of England, from the arrival of Julius Caesar to the 8th century. We owe most of our knowledge of this period to Bede’s work; it is without doubt the most valuable chronicle of Anglo-Saxon England in existence and the cornerstone of English history. Translated by Leo Sherley-Price.
- Folio Society Fourth Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2012
- Brown Cloth Hardback, 360 pp
- Colour and black and white plates
- Size 245 x 160mm, 1.2kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.