The History Of England by Thomas Babington Macaulay
The History Of England From The Accession Of James II in 5 Volumes. One of the greatest and most influential works of history. In the first half of the 19th century, Europe was convulsed by revolution: in France, Spain, Germany, Hungary and Italy, kings were deposed, governments rose and fell, blood was spilt. Britain, it seemed, was uniquely fortunate in having avoided such tumult. It took the brilliant politician and man of letters Thomas Babington Macaulay to ask: How was it that Britain remained peaceful, while, as he put it, ‘the proudest capitals of Western Europe have streamed with civil blood’? For Macaulay, the answer was to be found more than 150 years before, in the short period of British history following the ‘Glorious Revolution’ of 1688, when the British Parliament ousted one king and chose another, without the country descending into civil war. Macaulay made his case in one of the most successful and brilliant histories ever written.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2009
- Bown Cloth Hardback
- Colour and black & white illustrations.
- Size 250 x 160mm, 7kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.