Highland Pack by Neil Gunn
"Most of these notes on country life appeared under a pseudonym in the pages of The Scots Magazine during the early years of the last war [1914-18]. Mostly they are concerned with ordinary day-to-day happenings around a farmhouse in the Highlands, though occasionally they touch on excursions to remote places, to the Hebrides, to the northern and western seas and the decks of fishing boats." The pack of the title is that of the packmen, door to door salesmen who crossed the Highlands on foot, selling goods from a rucksack.
- Publisher Faber & Faber Ltd., London; 1989
- Grey Cloth Hardback, 274pp
- With b/w illustrations
- Size 220 x 140mm, 650g
- ISBN 0 86267 264 3
Condition: Very Good – Good Unclipped DJ, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund