H.G. Wells – Works, 24 volumes
Herbert George Wells was a product of his time, the son of a servant, he studied the sciences at university and became both a popular writer and an influential socialist intellectual with a moderately scandalous list of affairs with women. Most of his science fiction dates from early in his career, in a few short years, he invented many of the examples of the genre from The Time Machine to contact with hostile aliens (in The War of the Worlds and The First Men in the Moon) to suspended animation (in The Sleeper Awakes) and the temporary uplift of animals to sapience (in The Island of Doctor Moreau). In almost all of these cases, he creates at once a satirical comment on some trend in contemporary society, class division, imperialism and so on, and a powerful poetic myth that transcends any immediate satiric content.
Love and Mr Lewisham, The Undying Fire illustrated by Sandra Archibald;
The Food of the Gods illustrated by Graham Byfield;
The War in the Air illustrated by Michael Jackson;
Tono-Bungay illustrated by Christina Carpenter;
Men Like Gods illustrated by David W Whitfield;
The Shape of Things to Come illustrated by Lisbeth Kneen;
Kipps, the Story of a Simple Soul illustrated by David Knight;
In the Days of the Comet illustrated by Tony Shannon;
The Sleeper Awakes, Tales of the Unexpected illustrated by Pauline Ellison;
The Passionate Friends illustrated by Leonora Box;
The New Machiavelli illustrated by Rosemary Neale;
The Island of Doctor Moreau, The Invisible Man illustrated by Michael Charlton;
Tales of Life and Adventure, Tales of Wonder illustrated by David Knight;
The Time Machine, The First Men in the Moon illustrated by Pauline Ellison;
The War of the Worlds, A Dream of Armageddon, The Land Ironclads general introduction by Frank Wells, illustrated by Graham Byfield;
Ann Veronica illustrated by Sandra Archibald.
The History of Mr Polly/The Wonderful Visit
The World of William Clissold Volumes I
The World of William Clissold Volumes II
The Wheels of Chance
The Research Magnificent
The Soul of a Bishop (The Soul Of A Bishop & The Secret Place Of The Heart)
- Publisher Heron Books, London; 
- Hardback Green Faux Leather Hardback with Gilt Titles and Decoration
- Size 200mm x 125mm. 12.5kg
Condition: Very Good – Good Clean Uniform Set
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.>