Great Stories of Crime and Detection
Superb four volume Folio anthology, featuring short stories by the finest exponents of crime and mystery fiction. Over 100 tales of murder, suspense, deception and revenge. G. K. Chesterton divided crime authors into two types: poisoners (novelists) and cut-throats (short story writers). Here, stabbing swiftly and cleanly in more than 100 tales, from the 1840’s to 2001, are the chief executors of the latter art.
The volumes are broken down into years: Volume 1 Beginnings to 1920. Volume 2 The Twenties & Thirties. Volume 3 The Forties & Fifties. Volume 4 The Sixties to the Present. Illustrated by Nick Hardcastle. Authors included: Poe, Dickens, Le Fanu, Wilkie Collins, L T Meade, Arthur Conan Doyle, R Austin Freeman, Arthur Morrison, Maurice Leblanc, Baroness Orczy, E W Hornung, Ernest Bramah, G K Chesterton et. al.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1094
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2002
- Blue Cloth Hardback, pp
- Illustrations by Nick Hardcastle.
- Size 230 x 160mm, 4.6kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.