4 Volume George Bernard Shaw Novel Collection
George Bernard Shaw (1856 – 1950) was an Irish playwright and a co-founder of the London School of Economics. Although his first profitable writing was music and literary criticism, in which capacity he wrote many highly articulate pieces of journalism, his main talent was for drama, and he wrote more than 60 plays. He was also an essayist, novelist and short story writer. Nearly all his writings address prevailing social problems, but have a vein of comedy which makes their stark themes more palatable. Issues which engaged Shaw’s attention included education, marriage, religion, government, health care, and class privilege.
Four various octavo sized, brown faux-leather bound books, published by Heron Books in the 1960’s, illustrated with portrait frontispieces, the spines have gold lettering and gold ornamental designs on the front covers and endpapers, and have silk bookmarks. A complete four volume collection, the individual titles are:
- An Unsocial Socialist 264 pp
- Cashel Byron’s Profession 254 pp
- The Irrational Knot 338 pp
- Love Among The Artists 342 pp
- Publisher Heron Books, London; Undated 
- Brown Faux Leather Hardback with Gilt Titles and Decoration, Yellow Silk Ribbon
- Size 185 x 115mm, 1.6kg
Condition: Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Collection
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund