Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev
This was the most closely studied of Ivan Sergeyevich Turgenev’s works in the Soviet high school curriculum. An inadvertent political agenda favourite, juxtaposing two generations, “the fathers,” or the fading aristocracy, and “the sons,” or the new fresh blood of the middle class and the nihilists, the novel seemed a perfect vehicle for portraying the brewing unrest of the pre-revolutionary era, and introduced the character of Bazarov — the spirited nihilist who was seen as a brilliant idealistic rebel, the new kind of perfect man who rejected the old notions of class and came to disrupt nobility’s status quo.
This book comes with the original booklet ‘Notes from the Editors’.
- Franklin Library 100 Greatest Books of all Time Limited Edition
- Publisher Franklin Library, Pennsylvania; 1981
- Leather Hardback with Gilt Page Edges, Silk Endpapers, Silk Bookmark, 243pp
- Illustrated by John Collier
- Size 230 x 155mm, 850g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.