A Farewell To Arms by Ernest Hemingway
The story chronicles the experiences of Frederic Henry, an American serving on the Italian Front as an ambulance driver in 1915. After being injured by a shell, he begins a love affair with a beautiful English nurse, Catherine Barkley. But after his return to the Front, the tide begins to turn against the Allies, and following the desperate Italian retreat at Caporetto, Frederic’s only escape is with Catherine. Moulded from Hemingway’s own experiences on the Italian Front, Frederic’s narrative resembles a memoir, mirroring Hemingway’s lifelong quest for the most ‘truthful’ form of the written word.
- Franklin Library 100 Greatest Books of all Time Limited Edition
- Publisher Franklin Library, Pennsylvania; 1975
- Leather Hardback with Gilt Page Edges, Silk Endpapers, Silk Bookmark, 315pp
- Illustrated by Herbert Tauss
- Size 230 x 160mm, 1.1kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.