Eyewitness To History
Gripping accounts of events in history spanning 4000 years.
A four volume set: ‘The First Reporters’; ‘Discovering New Worlds’; ‘Empire and After’; and ‘In Our Time’.
What was it like to be there, on the spot, at the very moment when great events took place; when great figures strode onto the world stage; when the wonderful, the terrible, the diverting and the just plain curious happened? Here, in four riveting volumes, we have the story of our world in the words of those who experienced it – from the ancient Egyptian Harkhuf as he undertakes to deliver a dancing pygmy to his pharaoh, to John Updike, over four millennia later, watching the Twin Towers collapse against the clear blue sky of a perfect New York day. Our story begins with hieroglyphics and ends with the BlackBerry.
- Folio Society Second Printing
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2008
- Black Buckram Hardback, 481, 481, 472, 489 pp
- Superbly Illustrated in Full Colour and B/W
- Size 260 x 180mm, 6kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund