The Expedition of Humphrey Clinker by Tobias Smollett
The Expedition of Humphry Clinker was the last of the picaresque novels of Tobias Smollett, published in London on 17 June 1771 (just three months before Smollett’s death), and is considered by many to be his best and funniest work. It is an epistolary novel, presented in the form of letters written by six characters: Matthew Bramble, a Welsh Squire; his sister Tabitha; their niece Lydia and nephew Jeremy Melford; Tabitha’s maid Winifred Jenkins; and Lydia’s suitor Wilson. Much of the comedy arises from differences in the descriptions of the same events and places seen by the participants.
The first gathering was wrongly collated in that the List of Engravings followed the introduction instead of the title-leaf. This edition is the first gathering corrected.
- Folio Society First Impression Second Gathering No. 78
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1955
- White Cloth Hardback with Blue Design, 372 pp
- Wood-engravings by Derrick Harris.
- Size 230 x 150mm, 900g
Condition: Good – Good Unclipeed Dust Jacket, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.