The Last Grain Race by Eric Newby
The sailing memoirs of Eric Newby aboard the four-mast square-rigged barque, Moshulu. Originally published in 1956 (London: Martin Secker & Warburg LTD). This edition includes an Introduction by the author extracted from his book, Learning The Ropes (London: John Murray, 1999) and additional Introduction material taken from the 1981 reissue of The Last Grain Race. A fine copy bound in boards illustrated with image of the Moshulu’s crew members clinging to the ropes during a storm in the Southern ocean. The endpapers are illustrated with map tracing the outward and homeward route of the S. V. Moshulu and the Full Rigging Plan.
- Folio Society First Edition No. 1050
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2001
- Illustrated Plasticised Paper Covers Hardback, 232, [233-244]pp
- Photographs of life at sea taken by the author.
- Size 230 x 150mm, 900g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.