Domesday Book A Complete Translation
The Domesday Book, compiled in 1086 at the behest of William the Conqueror, has been described as "the most valuable piece of antiquity possessed by any nation" (David Hume) and viewed by historians as the final act of the Norman conquest. Produced under the supervision of the most renowned Domesday scholars, this authoritative translation of the complete Domesday offers a remarkable portrait of England in the late eleventh century.
The three volumes are:
- [I] Great Domesday, Kent to Herefordshire,
- [II] Cambridgeshire to Lincolnshire.
- [III] Little Domesday & the Index of Places.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1153
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2003
- Quarter Bonded Leather with Paper Sides Hardback, 1430 pp
- With Maps by Reginald Piggott.
- Size 270 x 175mm, 5kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund