Lysis, Or Friendship; The Symposium; Phaedrus by Plato
Plato discusses love and friendship primarily in two dialogues, the Lysis and the Symposium, though the Phaedrus also adds significantly to his views. In each work, Socrates as the quintessential philosopher is in two ways centre stage, first, as a lover of wisdom and discussion, and, second, as himself an inverter or disturber of erotic norms. Plato’s writing is refreshing, as well as stimulating, because he avoids the dryness we have come to associate with philosophic discourse.
- 100 Greatest Books Ever Written Collectors Edition
- Publisher Easton Press,Norwalk, Connecticut, USA; 1979
- Full Leather Hardback, Silk Moire Endpapers, Gilt Page Edges, Silk Ribbon, 208 pp
- Illustrated by Eugene Karlin
- Size 270 x 185mm, 1.4kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.