Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems by Galileo Galilei
When Galileo completed the first great work of modern science in 1632 he paved the way for freedom of scientific thought and paid the price with the loss of his own liberty. Supporting Copernicus’s heliocentric view of the universe against Ptolemaic geocentrism, the Dialogue was condemned by the Catholic Church, making Galileo a prisoner of the Inquisition for the rest of his life. Nevertheless it began a revolution, undermining the classical, reason-based tradition endorsed by the Church – because it supported the notion that humankind, and therefore God, lay at the centre of the universe – and leading science back to an objective, empirical attitude towards the cosmos.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2013
- Green Buckram Hardback, 600 pp
- Frontispiece and 32 pages of colour plates, and 31 mono diagrams
- Size 250 x 165mm, 1.8kg
Condition: Brand New – Still In Original Unopened Cellophane Wrap
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.