Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh
Subtitled “A Novel of Many Manners,” Evelyn Waugh’s famous first novel lays waste the “heathen idol” of British sportmanship, the cultured perfection of Oxford and inviolable honor code of English upper classes.
Paul Pennyfeather, innocent victim of a drunken orgy, is expelled from Oxford College, which costs him a career in the church. He turns to teaching, frequently the last resort of failures, and at Llanabba Castle meets a friend, Beste-Chetwynde. But Margot, Beste-Chetwynde’s mother, introduces him to the questionable delights of high society. Suddenly, and improbably, he is engaged to marry Margot. Just as they are about to say “I do,” Scotland Yard arrives and arrests Peter for his involvement in Margot’s white slave-trading ring.
- Publisher Edito-Service, Geneva; 
- Brown Faux Leather Hardback, 247 pp
- Original Illustrations by the Author
- Size 205 x 125mm, 600g
Condition: Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.