Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
Cold Comfort Farm is a comic novel by English author Stella Gibbons, published in 1932. It parodies the romanticised, sometimes doom-laden accounts of rural life popular at the time. A classic satire of English Country Life. Cold Comfort Farm tells the story of Flora Poste – young, sophisticated, and determined – who leaves fashionable London to visit ‘Cold Comfort Farm’ in deepest Sussex, where she transforms the lives of her unruly relatives, the Starkadders. In 2003, the novel was listed at number 88 on the BBC’s survey The Big Read.
- Folio Society Second Printing No. 412
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1981
- Green Cloth Hardback, 203 pp
- With Water Colour Drawings by Quentin Blake
- Size 230 x 160mm, 850g
Condition: Very Good – Some Marks To Slipcase, Book Is A Fine Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.