Catherine The Great by Zoe Oldenbourg
Catherine II also known as Catherine the Great was born in Stettin, Pomerania, then Germany on 2 May 1729 as Sophie Friederike Auguste von Anhalt-Zerbst-Dornburg. She reigned as Empress of Russia from 9 July 1762 until her death (17 November 1796). Under her direct auspices the Russian Empire expanded, improved its administration, and continued to modernize along Western European lines. Catherine’s rule re-vitalized Russia, which grew stronger than ever and became recognized as one of the great powers of Europe. She had successes in foreign policy and oversaw sometimes brutal reprisals in the wake of rebellion.
- Women Who Made History Series
- Publisher Heron Books, London; 1965
- Olive Green Faux Leather Hardback, 356 pp
- Superbly Illustrated Throughout
- Size 205 x 120mm, 650g
Condition: Good – No Inscriptions, Small Stain To Page Tops, Good Copy
5 GOOD REASONS TO BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.com