Brewer’s Britain & Ireland
The History, Culture, Folklore and Etymology of 7500 Places in These Islands. Reference book about place-names and the historical associations of the places they designate. Lying part-way between the traditional gazetteer and a traveller’s ‘armchair companion’, it takes the reader on an informative and fascinating ‘heritage tour’ of thousands of places and place-names in every part of the islands of Britain and Ireland. Brewer’s Britain and Ireland is a ‘phrase and fable gazetteer’, gathering together in one A-Z volume the linguistic, historical, folkloric and literary associations behind thousands of locations in the British Isles, both celebrated and less well-known, from Ashby-de-le-Zouch to Blubberhouses, and from Wigton to Wetwang.
- Publisher Weidenfeld & Nicolson, London; 2005
- Red Cloth Hardback, 1267 pp
- Size 240 x 180mm, 2.2kg
- ISBN 0 304 35385 X
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copies
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.