Big Chief Elizabeth by Giles Milton
The colonial enterprise that paved the way to the United States of America was effectively a gamble on the part of a handful of adventurers motivated by a combination of greed, romance and desperation. Fired by envy of the vast gains being made by the Spanish in the South, succeeding waves of merchants and swashbuckling noblemen attempted to build a permanent colony in the North. Under the aegis of the energetic Walter Raleigh, several expeditions set out, and Queen Elizabeth was persuaded to give her name to the fledgling colony of Virginia. Greed, romance and desperation abound in Giles Milton’s exploration of the colonial enterprise that paved the way to the United States of America. At the book’s heart lies the vanishing of the 1587 settlement on Roanoke Island, whose 115 inhabitants met with a grisly end.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2011
- Illustrated Light Blue Cloth Hardback, 295 pp
- 16 pages of colour and black & white plates.
- Size 240 x 160mm, 1.1kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.