Being an English version of the Bodleian Library, Oxford, M.S. Bodley 764.
Bestiaries are a particularly characteristic product of medieval times. They consisted of descriptions of animals, actual and fantastic, from which the reader could obtain amusement, useful information about each animal’s nature and symbolic qualities and, ultimately, moral inspiration. For the modern reader, the Bestiary provides a useful reference companion to the works of authors such as Chaucer or Shakespeare.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 726
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1992
- Quarter Blue Buckram Hardback, 205 pp
- Over a hundred original miniatures reproduced in facsimile
- Size 275 x 175mm, 1.4kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website