Beloved by Toni Morrison
As extraordinary as the character who inspires its title, Beloved is seminal both in its stylistic achievements and its searing depiction of the lives of African Americans under slavery. It won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1988, and in a 2006 New York Times survey was ranked the nation’s best work of fiction of the past 25 years. At its daring, startling heart lies the image of infanticide – an act of paradoxical violence by which an escaped slave, Sethe, saves her child from a life like her own. Unnamed, the baby is buried in a grave marked ‘Beloved’, but her time among the living has not drawn to an end.
Now in its first illustrated edition, this seminal novel of slavery in America was awarded the Pulitzer Prize and ranked the greatest fiction work of the past 25 years.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2015
- Grey Cloth Hardback, 304 pp
- Frontispiece and colour illustrations, illustrated by Joe Morse
- Size 235 x 170mm, 1kg
Condition: Brand New – Still In Original Unopened Cellophane Wrap
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.