Battles of the Nineteenth Century by Archibald Forbes, G A Henty , Major Arthur Griffiths
Here we shall follow the fortunes of the Great Napoleon, now of Napoleon “the Little”, now of Wellington, now of Roberts and Wolseley, now of Moltke, Skobeleff, MacMahon, Sherman and Garibaldi. At one moment we shall be listening to the thunder of a broadside from the “Victory”, at the next to the bombardment of Alexandria. We shall pass from the shots and shells of civilised warfare to the assegais and spears of the Zulu, the hatchets of the Maori, the knives of the Soudanese.
Special illustrated edition prepared for subscription only with coloured plates and numerous other illustrations, and not available through general book sellers. Complete in five volumes. All plates are present.
- Publisher Cassell and Company Ltd., London; Undated ca.1900
- Green Cloth Hardback, 370, 371-760, 382, 383-748, 372 pp
- With coloured plates and numerous other maps and illustrations
- Size 260 x 180mm, 5.5kg
Condition: Good – Small Stains To Some Covers, Weak Hinges, Some Foxing, No Inscritions, Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.