Barnaby Rudge/The Uncommercial Traveller by Charles Dickens
One of Dickens’s most socially conscious novels, Barnaby Rudge dramatizes the conflict between apprentice and master that resulted in violence in both public and private. Set in 1780 during the Gordon “No Popery” riots, the plot involves a murder that occurred 20 years earlier, as well as the results of the anti-Catholic mob violence. One of Dickens’s two historical novels, Barnaby Rudge includes an vividly drawn cast of characters: Dolly Varden, one of his most appealing heroines; Geoffrey Haredale, staunch Catholic and brother of the murdered man; the unctuous servant Miss Miggs; Joe Willet the bumptious pub owner; and Dennis, the loathsome and cowardly hangman.
- Publisher Hazell Watson Viney, London; 
- Blue Cloth Hardback, 768 pp
- Illustrations by Phiz
- Size 190 x 130mm, 800g
Condition: Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.