Barchester Towers Anthony Trollope Heron Books c1970
Out of stock
Barchester Towers Anthony Trollope
Barchester Towers Anthony Trollope 1815-1882 with an introduction by Robert H Taylor. Barchester Towers (1857) is the second of the six Chronicles of Barsetshire, the work in which, after a ten years' apprenticeship, Trollope finally found his distinctive voice. In this his most popular novel, the chronicler continues the story of Mr. Harding and his daughter Eleanor, begun in The Warden, adding to his cast of characters that oily symbol of 'progress' Mr. Slope, the hen-pecked Dr. Proudie, and the amiable and breezy Stanhope family. Love, mammon, clerical in-fighting and promotion again figure prominently and comically, all centred on the magnificently imagined cathedral city of Barchester. The central questions of this moral comedy – Who will be warden? Who will be dean? Who will marry Eleanor? – are skilfully handled with the subtlety of ironic observation that has won Trollope such a wide and appreciative readership over the last 140 years.
- Publisher Heron Books, London;
- Navy Faux Leather Hardback, Gilt Titles & Decoration, Blue Ribbon Marker, 567 pp
- Contains Original Illustrations
- Size 205 x 125mm, 750g
Condition: Good – No Dust Jacket, Slight Mark To Cover, No Inscriptions, Good Copy
5 GOOD REASONS TO BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust"
|Categories||Heron Books, Literary Fiction|