Aucassin & Nicolette Tr. F W Bourdillon
The third book from the Folio Society, in the year of its founding, illustrated by the wife of Christopher Sandford, one of the firm’s founding directors and also proprietor of the Golden Cockerel Press at this time. Early 13th-century French chantefable (a story told in alternating sections of verse and prose, the former sung, the latter recited). Aucassin, “endowed with all good qualities,” is the son of the Count of Beaucaire and falls in love with Nicolette, a captive Saracen turned Christian. The lovers are imprisoned but manage to escape and, after many vicissitudes (including flight, capture, and shipwreck), are able to marry. Printed Clear Plastic Jacket.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 3
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1947
- White Cloth Blocked In Blue with Fleur de Lys Hardback, 60 pp
- Illustrations by Lettice Sandford.
- Size 225 x 145mm, 400g
Condition: Very Good – Two Closed Tears To Jacket, No Inscriptions, Very Good Early Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.