Ask Mamma by R S Surtees
Ask Mama or The richest commoner in England. “Fine shirts, fine ties, fine talk, fine trinkets go a long way towards furnishing the character with many.” Says Surtees and ‘Fine Billy’ Pringle is a cipher of the ‘not quite a gentleman’ type. In this rollicking story he lurches from hunt to hunt and girl to girl with one eye in the mirror and neither foot in the stirrup. An illustrative moment occurs at The Hit-im-and-Hold-im-shire Hunt supper – where he is fleeced into sponsoring a cover “thinking that that would be a sharp thing .. to rank with the lords.”
- Folio Society First Impression No.
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1954
- Red Cloth Hardback, 463 pp
- Original colour plates by John Leech hand-coloured by pochoir by Maud Johnson
- Size 230 x 150mm, 1kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
There are no reviews yet.