Arthur Bryant English History Collection 4 Volumes Heron Books ca1970
1 in stock
Arthur Bryant English History Collection
Once Britain entered the war against Germany, Bryant turned to writing patriotic histories to shore up British morale. His most notable World War II books were two volumes on the war against the French Revolution and Napoleon: The Years of Endurance, 1793-1802 (1942); and Years of Victory, 1802-1812 (1944), he completed this trilogy in 1950 with The Age of Elegance, 1812-1822. After the fall of France in 1940, Bryant's writing celebrated British patriotism. His English Saga, 1840-1940, published at the end of that year, described England as “an island fortress â€¦ fighting a war of redemption, not only for Europe but for her own soul”
- Publisher Heron Books, London; Undated ca.1970
- Brown Faux Leather Hardback, 340, 450, 499, 370 pp
- With Maps to Endpapers
- Size 210 x 140mm, 2.7kg
Condition: Very Good â€“ No Inscriptions, Very Good Copies
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
|Categories||Heron Books, History, Sets of Books|