Aristophanes Five Comedies Franklin Library 1982
Out of stock
Aristophanes Five Comedies
Aristophanes was a prolific and much acclaimed comic playwright of ancient Greece, sometimes referred to as the Father of Comedy. Aristophanes’ works recreate the life of ancient Athens perhaps more convincingly than those of any other author, although his biting satire and ridicule of his contemporaries often came close to slander. The five comedies included are: The Knights; The Clouds; The Birds; Lysistrata; and The Frogs. Translated by Benjamin Bickley Rogers.
This book comes with the original booklet ‘Notes from the Editors’.
- Franklin Library 100 Greatest Books of all Time Limited Edition
- Publisher Franklin Library, Pennsylvania; 1982
- Leather Hardback with Gilt Page Edges, Silk Endpapers, Silk Bookmark, 403pp
- With the illustrations of Laszlo Matulay
- Size 230 x 150mm, 1.3kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
|Categories||Franklin Library, Literary Fiction, Theatre/Drama|