Arabian Sands by Wilfred Thesiger
The southern deserts of Saudi Arabia are so immense, desolate and inhospitable they are known in Arabic as ‘ Rub al Khali’ – ‘the Empty Quarter’. This dune filled abyss of nearly half a million square miles was, for Wifrred Thesiger, ‘the final, unattainable challenge’. Between 1945 and 1950, he made two epic treks on foot and camel – over 10,000 miles in all – in which his life was in constant danger. Hunted as a Christian, arrested and imprisoned, and almost permanently on the edge of starvation, Thesiger nonetheless believed these to be the happiest years of his life. No Westener has written so movingly of the beauty of the Arabian sands, and of the noble companionship of the Bedu.
- Folio Society Second Printing
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2009
- Quarter Brown Cloth Hardback, 327 pp
- Photographs by the author in black & white
- Size 240 x 160mm, 1.2kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.