Anne Of Geierstein by Walter Scott
Anne of Geierstein (1829) is set in Central Europe in the fifteenth century, but it is a remarkably modern novel, for the central issues are the political instability and violence that arise from the mix of peoples and the fluidity of European boundaries. With Anne of Geierstein, Scott concludes the unfinished historical business of Quentin Durward, working on a larger canvas with broader brush-strokes and generally with more sombre colours. The novel illustrates the darkening of Scott's historical vision in the final part of his career. It is also a remarkable manifestation of the way in which the scope of his imaginative vision continued to expand even as his physical powers declined.
- The Melrose Edition Waverley Novels Volume 23
- Publisher T C & E C Jack, Edinburgh; Undated c.1880
- Quarter Green Leather and Green Silk Covers with Gilt Titles and Decoration, Gilt Page Edges, 410 pp
- Lavishly illustrated (approx. 8 full page illustrations per volume) by a remarkable array of contemporary Scottish and British artists and illustrators
- Size 210 x 140mm, 675g
Condition: Good – No Dust Jacket, Some Loss To Top Of Spine, Slight Foxing To Endpages, No Inscriptions, Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org