Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
A complex novel in eight parts, it deals with themes of betrayal, faith, family, marriage, Imperial Russian society, desire, and rural vs. city life. The plot centres on an extramarital affair between Anna and dashing cavalry officer Count Alexei Kirillovich Vronsky that scandalizes the social circles of Saint Petersburg and forces the young lovers to flee for Italy in a futile search for happiness. Returning to Russia, their lives further unravel. Translated from the Russian by Constance Garnett. Edited and Revised by Gustavus Spett and the Translation Revised by Bernard Guilbert Guerney. Introduced by Lionel Trilling. Described by Sir Hugh Walpole as “one of the best six novels in all literature”.
- 100 Greatest Books Ever Written Collectors Edition
- Publisher Easton Press,Norwalk, Connecticut, USA; 1975
- Full Leather Hardback, Silk Moire Endpapers, Gilt Page Edges, Silk Ribbon, 935pp
- Frontispiece portrait painted by Dennis Lyall.
- Size 230 x 155mm, 1.8kg
Condition: Brand New – Still In Original Unopened Cellophane Wrap
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.