An Uneasy Victorian: Thackeray The Man 1811-1863 by Ann Monsarrat
Here is a sympathetic portrait of Thackeray’s little-known, wildly emotional personal life, from his pampered childhood, wretched schooldays, a misspent year at Cambridge, thwarted longing for an artistic career and early struggles as a magazine contributor; his tragic marriage, and his endless desperate race against deadlines to provide for his beloved daughters – as well as various dependants acquired out of softheartedness.
- Publisher Cassell Ltd., London; 1980
- Grey Cloth Hardback, 461 pp
- With b/w illustrations
- Size 240 x 160mm, 1.2kg
- ISBN 0 304 30556 1
Condition: Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.