An Omelette and a Glass of Wine
Elizabeth David developed her taste for food and wine whilst she was studying at the Sorbonne and she decided to teach herself to cook. It wasn’t just the making of the food which interested her but the literature which surrounded it. In her young adult life she lived in various parts of the Mediterranean, Egypt and India, where she tasted and cooked the local dishes. Her first book, “Mediterranean Food” was published in 1950 and a number of other books followed over the next twenty years. At the same time she wrote for a number of magazines and this book, published in 1984 is a collection of those pieces of journalism.
- Folio Society First Edition
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 
- Hardback Quarter Bound in Blue Buckram with Printed Modigliani Paper Sides of a Vegetable Nature, 376pp
- With 7 Full Page Watercolours and Black & White Integrated Drawings
- Size 260mm x 195mm, 1.2kg
Condition: Brand New – Still in Original Cellophane
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.>