Allan’s Wife and Other Tales by H Rider Haggard
Allan Quatermain first appears in the novel King Solomon's Mines as one of the greatest hunters of all time – a brilliant marksman and skilled in survival. He is the son of a missionary and grew up in South Africa, going on to discover the continent's hidden secrets. The tale of Allan’s second wife Stella is a classic African fantasy adventure, complete with magic and ghosts. The three other tales are "Hunter Quartermain's Story," "A Tale of Three Lions," and "Long Odds." The title story was new, with its first publication intended for the collection, but two unauthorised editions appeared earlier in New York, based on pirated galley proofs. The other three stories first appeared in an anthology and periodicals in 1885, 1887, and 1886.
- The Silver Library Edition
- Publisher Longmans, Green, and Co., London; 1895
- Maroon ClothHardback with Illustrated Endpapers, 331 pp
- With Thirty-Four Illustrations by Maurice Greiffenhagen and Charles Kerr
- Size 190 x 130mm, 750g
Condition: Good – No Dust Jacket, Light Foxing To Page Edges, Owners Name, Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund