The Alexandria Quartet Lawrence Durrell Folio Society 2010
1 in stock
The Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell
Lawrence Durrell’s series of four novels set in Alexandria, Egypt during the 1940s. Justine, Balthazar and Mountolive use varied viewpoints to relate a series of events in Alexandria before World War II. In Clea, the story continues into the years during the war.
One L.G. Darley is the primary observer of the events, which include events in the lives of those he loves and those he knows. In Justine, Darley attempts to recover from and put into perspective his recently ended affair with a woman. Balthazar reinterprets the romantic perspective he placed on the affair and its aftermath in Justine, in more philosophical and intellectual terms. Mountolive tells a story minus interpretation, and Clea reveals Darley’s healing, and coming to love another woman.
- 1. Justine, 201pp
- 2. Balthazar, 198pp
- 3. Mountolive, 264pp (Brand New)
- 4. Clea, 241pp (Brand New)
- Folio Society Second Printing
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2010
- Three Quarter Orange Cloth with Printed Paper To Front Board Hardback
- With sepia period photographs by Durrell
- Size 250 x 170mm, 3.5kg
Condition: Two Brand New and Two Fine – Superb Unmarked Copies
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
|Categories||Folio Society, Literary Fiction, Sets of Books|