Alexander Von Humboldt and the Botanical Exploration of the Americas
Created during Alexander von Humboldt’s historic expedition to the Americas and Cuba – hailed by many as the scientific discovery of America – these intricate and delicately tinted prints record his revolutionary findings as he travelled through jungles, across rivers, and over mountainous terrain. The illustrations in the book give the English and Latin botanical names of the plants and are followed by an exhaustive index. Published to coincide with the 150th anniversary of Humboldt’s death, this collection of botanical prints contains many works that have never been published before. Internationally renowned botanist H. Walter Lack lends his expertise to a fascinating essay that discusses Humboldt’s significant contributions to the world of botany and scientific research. Technically precise, the prints are equally appealing to anyone who appreciates fine art and botanical illustration. UK
- Publisher Prestel, London; 2009
- Green Cloth Hardback, 278 pp
- Superbly illustrated in full colour
- Size 345 x 245mm, 3.4kg
- ISBN 978-3-7913-4142-2
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Condition
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.